Thursday, January 12, 2012

Buttermilk Chicken Strips

I had some good friends over today who have a little boy so I wanted to make something that everyone would eat. I had chicken breast in the fridge so I thought chicken strips. I love, love, love chicken strips and this is my favorite recipe.  I don't know where I found it, I do my own thing and don't follow a set recipe but it is good!

What you'll need three pie pans, a heavy bottomed pan, and some tongs.
Chicken breast (I use boneless, skinless), Panko (and if you run out breadcrumbs will work), eggs, and flour (add salt and pepper for seasoning)

1) Cut up the the chicken in strips 4 per breast, put them in a bag, and pour in the buttermilk with salt and pepper. Put in the fridge for at least 1 hour up to 8 hours.

2) When ready to cook heat up oil in heavy bottomed pan very hot.

 3) Get your buttermilk chicken drained, coat it in flour and dust off extra, dredge in eggs, then cover with panko crumbs. Out in oil and cook till golden brown and beautiful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment